An expert team of caring professionals provides support, structure and hope for recovery from co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders. Every client receives an individually tailored program to meet his or her unique needs through group and individual therapy, life skills classes and an integration of 12-Step principles. In addition, our holistic services staff works to improve each client’s physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
This multidisciplinary team meets weekly to monitor the individual’s progress and determine the next therapeutic phase. Specific, measurable goals and objectives must be achieved by each client prior to discharge.
Our clients seek us at various points along their journey to recovery:
- Entry-level: Many clients seek treatment in an effort to pre-empt the destructive spiral of addiction. Admission to The Canyon at Santa Monica’s outpatient program provides entry-level treatment without disrupting one’s daily life.
- After residential treatment: Recently discharged from a residential treatment facility, these individuals wish to continue their recovery program with less structured therapy in a “real-life” setting.
- In collaboration with other providers: Some clients have been supported by individual therapists, family therapists, life coaches, interventionists, Employee Assistance Program providers, or legal support prior to their admission. The Canyon at Santa Monica’s team will work with the individual to maintain these supportive relationships for successful, lasting recovery.
Core Elements of Our Substance Use Program
In order to meet the varying needs and interests of our clients, treatment at The Canyon is composed of a wide range of therapies and activities. You can choose from the following recovery resources:
- Individual and group therapy led by master’s and doctoral-level consulting staff
- Specialized attention from a personal therapist
- Meditation sessions and spirituality groups
- Relapse prevention education and recovery coaching
- Holistic options including mindfulness, yoga and meditation therapy
- Alternative therapies including experiential therapy and expressive arts
- Family therapy
- Gender-specific and co-ed therapy groups
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Diverse educational groups on trauma resolution, building healthy boundaries, ending codependency and managing moods, grief/loss and anger
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
No two recovery journeys are the same. Our wide variety of offerings ensures you get the treatment you need. We want your specific path to lead to complete, long-term health.
Why Choose an IOP for Substance Use?
Addiction is as unique as the people who suffer from it. Treating addiction and substance use is a complicated and individualized experience for everyone. What may work for some, may not work for others. Knowing that addiction is a different, chronic disease for many people, options have been created to provide unique and individual care. One of these options is an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
History, science, and doctors have shown alcoholism and drug addiction are progressive, primary and potentially fatal diseases. An IOP allows individuals to learn the skills necessary to recover their mental health and/or substance use issues and allows them to integrate these skills into their lives. Our IOP is an effective way to continue the duties of daily life and treat this disease.
Types of Substance Use Disorders
Substance use treatment options at a treatment facility are not one-size-fits all, and the type of substance use disorder can play a role in your treatment and journey to recovery. What are some of the common types of substance use disorders?
- Alcohol: Heavy or frequent drinking can have adverse health effects, but can have similarly negative effects on your life.
- Prescription drugs: From over-the-counter medications to opioids, using prescription drugs when not prescribed by a physician can be extremely dangerous.
- Illegal substances: Heroin, cocaine and a number of other drugs make up this list. Being caught with any of these can lead to jail time, but an addiction can lead to death.
We take a look at you, your substance use or alcohol use issues, your environment, your career, your family and a number of other factors to determine what treatment is right for you.
Your addiction treatment is important. You want to get better, and we want to help you get better, no matter how we have to adapt to your life.
Why Choose Dual Diagnosis Substance Abuse Treatment?
The Canyon at Santa Monica is committed to addressing both substance abuse and mental health issues in all our clients. Our approach is nationally recognized for intensive research and the development of treatment models that can help clients to both understand and control their impulses to ensure long-lasting recovery and growth.
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), substance abuse and mental health issues go hand in hand. Many people who suffer from alcohol or drug addiction or use other illegal substances, do so to cover up the symptoms of mental health disorders.
At The Canyon Santa Monica, we offer outpatient substance abuse treatment programs that understand mental health disorders too. Treating the physical addiction is not treating the whole person. Our commitment to both your alcohol or drug abuse issues and mental health needs ensures that we take care of your body, spirit and mind – something that we pride ourselves in and believe as an experienced treatment center.
Contact Us to Start Your Journey to Recovery
You don’t have to face a substance use disorder alone. The team at The Canyon Santa Monica is more than ready to meet you where you are and help you work towards a happier, healthier life in recovery. Reach out to us to get your journey to recovery started
We’re Here to Help
Don’t Wait. Reach Out to Get Started.